This is a great opportunity for your 8th grade students to get involved in the BBCC’s Mid Action Board (MAB) which will be guided and facilitated by BBCC’s youth program coordinator, Kelly Michaud, along with support of our amazing Youth Action Board high school teens, your students will have the opportunity to:
- Meet as a MAB group with other Middle School students from other schools.
- Identify and dialogue on timely and relevant issues they are dealing with. Start thinking about the community and their environment in a healthy and positive way.
- Prepare for the transition to high school with guidance from the BBCC and YAB teens.
- Learn about substance use and abuse for alcohol, vapes and marijuana, as well as, self-reflection, healthy habits, refusal skills, and more.
- Develop their voice on these issues, contribute their opinions and ideas, and more importantly put their ideas into action — in their schools and community. And… have some fun in the process!
Contact Kelly Michaud for more info
Latest e-news editions:
Youth Action Board
YAB is an inclusive, dynamic and diverse group of teen volunteers, from our eleven public and private high schools in the Birmingham and Bloomfield Hills community, that bring about positive change for their peers.
School and Community Programs
BBCC and the YAB provide a wide array of high-quality, youth-infused substance abuse prevention, health and wellness programs that are timely, relevant and impactful for the participants.
Support, Partner, Volunteer
You can make an immediate difference and even save lives by supporting, partnering or volunteering with our youth-focused substance abuse prevention, health and wellness efforts.
BBCC, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community serving organization, takes a research driven, youth-led approach to substance abuse prevention, health and wellness. BBCC and its Youth Action Board (YAB) provide education, tools, activities, and support to help youth rise above life’s challenges by making informed decisions about their safety, health and wellness, as well as encouraging adults to thoughtfully support them.
The Coalition service area includes those who live, work, play, worship, and attend public and private schools within the boundaries of the Birmingham and Bloomfield School Districts. This includes the municipalities of Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, and Village of Franklin and portions of Orchard Lake, Southfield, Troy and West Bloomfield.